Thursday, March 24, 2011

Theodred - King's son, doomed to die!


Theodred, son of King Theoden of Rohan. Marshall of the Riddermark.

Mortally wounded in the First Battle of the Fords of Isen, defending the Westfold of Rohan against invading forces from Saruman's Isengard.

A nice Hero to add to my small forces of Rohan for War of the Ring.

This was a 2nd-hand model I acquired, where the horse had a snapped foot, a common problem with the plastic horses of Rohan where only one hoof is in base contact with the models base. I reattached the broken hoof, with wire pinning through the base and some greenstuff to hide the join. I also reared up the horses pose a little to make it a bit more dynamic. Finally I used a little greenstuff to extend the reins into the mans hand from the plastic horse. It makes the whole model look a little more 'real'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...