Sunday, October 02, 2016

NachtJaeger and SchreckWulfen - Konflict '47.

Managed to finish off my NachtJaeger and SchreckWulfen for Konflict 47 today.



Nazi Scientists desperate to gain an edge over the allies, resort to splicing canine and human DNA and create the Schreckwulfen or 'werewolves' ... emboldened by the success of this experiment they go on to add bat, alligator and reptile DNA creating the terrifying NachtJaeger... a pseudo-vampiric horror... Gothic horror has come to the battlefields of Europe...



Based on DIY 30mm Dia bases which I think better suited both models, made from 1mm sytene sheet.
I enjoyed modeling and painting these creatures up as they were quite different to things I've painted before.
Great to have a chance to use the blood effects paint from GW 'blood for the blood god'... which I rarely get a chance to legitimately use...
And some nice base decoration tufts from Gamersgrass: 2mm dark moss and 6mm dry tuft.
I decided to stick with regular issue Whermacht field grey for their pants ... I thought about doing SS camouflage pants but figured these being largely nocturnal hunters they probably wouldn't need the camouflage...
Looking forward to trying these beasties out in a game now they're painted😀
KONFLICT 47 - A super cool extension to the events of WWII...

9 comments:

  1. Very nice job on both units. I was sure on the Nachtjaeger at first but I am slowly warming up to the models. K47 seems fun it will be cool to see what appears for the other nations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your painting reflects the style of the actual art work in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they look awesome Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Scott! Love the Nachtjagers in particular - suitably nasty (they even decapitate troops on their own side I see! The 30mm bases definitely look better

    I picked up a M8 Grizzly Medium Walker today and looking forward touting it together

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure go ahead, thanks for asking.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much for giving permission. You can see your linked header under All, Entertainment, Gaming, Miniatures/Modeling and New Zealand. If you could say something (preferably good) about SiteHoundSniffs.com here and there, I would greatly appreciate it.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...