First job was to ready the lighting rig; 20 twinkle effect yellow LEDs, wired together in a parallel circuit, so only one resistor was needed, which was wired in first to the positive terminal of the twin D size battery holder.
|Lights and battery holder|
Prior to installing the lights, I had put up the curtains. I found a supply of white material that would do for a net curtain effect, glued into place, over the lower half of each window. Then strips of material were glued in to effect curtains (handy having a mother-in-law who sews, and has an endless supply...)
|Lighting and Curtains.|
...but with the lights out, the effect is quite pleasing; imagine these twinkling...
|Night time lighting effect|
|MDF pavement perimeter added|
Also over the weekend, to get us in the mood for some Victorian era drama, I downloaded the Dracula sound track from ITunes...
... so we could have it playing, while playing Fury of Dracula, with my son Chris. Great fun :-)
Next up for the house, once pavement done, will be to add the Gaslamps, wire those in, add chimney pots, gutters and drain pipes and paint the whole thing... Nearly done now.