Prior to this weekend I had added the doors and window dressing... This weekend I have added the chimney stack ends. The doors were just two layers of thin card with the outer layer with holes cut in for the panelled effect. The window net curtain effect is two layers of wedding voil material glued at right angles to each other as the material has a pattern to it.
The chimneys were 3 layers of 3mm mdf cut to size and shape with the outer layer trimmed to fit the top peak of the gable end... Another thing I should have done from the out set from cutting out the gables.
Click play on above video for some themed(?) musical accompaniment.
Once PVA'd into place and glue dry I clad with more DAS clay... its still drying hence it looks darker than rest of building. Once dry I'll etch in the brick pattern again. The chimney pots are Evergreen styrene rods cut to 1cm lengths and glued to top of mdf before clay blends them to top.
The need for chimneys was one of the reasons I didn't put windows in the building gable ends, otherwise it wouldn't look right...
More close up views of windows and doors at front of building...A little greenstuff filled any small gaps at top of doors. I have also added clay to corner building joints and will need to etch in more brick work here too.
At the rear the clamps are out again, to straighten the rear walls of the yard... The middle piece of mdf is just there for tension to force walls straight as they dry and is not glued in place so will be removed. The rear wall panel with gates is gluing into place.
That's all for now, back to painting German FoW...