Sunday, June 30, 2013

Kerr & King 15mm WWII Buildings

I have been steadily plodding away at tiling my Victorian terrace, but its mind numbing work, so I take a break from it every so often and fit in other bits of hobby work in between batches of gluing little card tiles...

Here's a few Kerr and King Resin buildings I painted up for Flames of War gaming; Western Europe buildings, two bombed out, and one a two story.

The roofs come off for figure placement and the two story building is also in two layers. The intact building I finished a couple of weeks ago, the two bombed out ones, this weekend.



Being resin they need quite a bit of work trimming away excess resin flash, and hole filling with liquid greenstuff, but the effort is worthwhile, as the buildings turn out well once painted...

 

German transports drive by...


Oh well, 15mm interlude over for now, back to gluing tiles...

11 comments:

  1. Very nice looking buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look rather nice

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the liquid green stuff suffice for the holes? I always find it dries and shrinks too much...

    Anyway, nice little 15 mm houses! You're starting to get quite the collection of buildings by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah , you usually need a couple of goes at the liquid GS - as you say it dries and shrinks... though I have found if you scrape the semi-dried bits from the pot and force these into the holes with a sculpting tool, it doesn't shrink so much...

      Delete
  4. Looking good. I'm thinking about 15mm terrain now. Wayland Games? How much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got these as part of a set from Kerr & King direct

      Delete
  5. They look good and are clearly worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They make nice stuff but the holes drove me a bit bonkers when I got some stuff from them.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it takes a certainly level of dedication to work on them! They generally come out well in the end, with a little patience... though the current one I am working on has required some serious dremel work!

      Delete
  7. I did not know about King and Kerr. They look really nice! Thanks for the post.

    David S.
    Minnesota, USA

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...